Peaches and Cream Pie II Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages peach flavored Jell-O® mix
- 5 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
step 2: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, butter, pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press mixture into bottom of baking pan.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
step 4: In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gently stir in the 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. In a small bowl, stir together the 1 1/2 cups sugar and cornstarch. Pour the sugar mixture into a saucepan and stir in the 3 cups water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until clear and thick. Stir in gelatin and remove from heat.
step 5: Combine the gelatin mixture with the peaches. Spread entire mixture over cream cheese layer. Top with 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.