Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers Recipe
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Sliced green onion tops
step 1: In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until smooth. Reserve half of the sauce. Slice chicken lengthwise into 1-in. strips; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
step 2: Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2 minutes; turn and brush with peanut butter sauce. Continue turning and basting for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear.
step 3: Place cabbage on a serving plate; top with chicken. Sprinkle with onion tops. Serve with reserved sauce.