Peanut Butter Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup CRISCO® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
step 2: Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup JIF(R) peanut butter and the melted butter or margarine until crumbly; set aside.
step 3: Cream 1/2 cup JIF(R) and the shortening together well. Slowly beat in 1 cup brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating till fluffy
step 4: Thoroughly stir together 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and soda. Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture, beating after every addition.
step 5: Spread batter in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Top with crumbly mixture.
step 6: Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.