Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup Butter Flavor CRISCO® All-Vegetable Shortening, plus additional for greasing
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup JIF® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate flavored syrup
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with shortening.
step 2: For cookie base, combine brown sugar, shortening, JIF(R) Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter, granulated sugar and egg in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
step 3: Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Press chilled cookie base into prepared dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown. Do not over-bake. Cool 2-3 minutes.
step 4: For topping, place JIF(R) Creamy Peanut Butter in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute. Pour over baked surface. Spread to cover. Cover with marshmallows. Drizzle chocolate syrup over marshmallows. Return to oven. Bake 5 minutes or until marshmallows are light brown. Do not over-bake. Loosen from sides of dish with knife. Remove dish to cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut with sharp greased knife into bars about 2x2 inches.