Peanutty Carrot Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) package REESE'S® Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup MOUNDS® Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
step 1: Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round baking pans.
step 2: In large bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and blend well. Stir in carrot, peanut butter chips and walnuts.
step 3: Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely. Spread Nutty Coconut Frosting between layers and on top of cake. 10 to 12 servings.
step 4: Nutty Coconut Frosting: In medium saucepan, combine evaporated milk, granulated sugar, butter and egg. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil; boil and stir 2 minutes. Cool slightly; add coconut, walnuts and vanilla. Cool to spreading consistency, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.