Pear Mincemeat with Apricots Recipe
- 6 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 pounds pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large orange, quartered with peel
- 1 lemon, quartered and seeded
- 1 tart apple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup grape juice
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3 cups raisins
- 2 1/2 cups dried currants
step 1: In a large pot, combine the sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and salt. Mix well.
step 2: Into the same pot, add the pears, orange, lemon, apple and apricot. Mash together.
step 3: Stir in the grape juice, vinegar, raisins, and currants. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Simmer, uncovered, until thick.
step 4: Spoon into hot sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch of jar top. Seal. Check seal the top of the lid lid should not move when pressed. If seal isn't good refrigerate and use within 1 week. If stored in well sealed containers in refrigerator, it keeps at least one year!