Pear Pie I Recipe
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 pears - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl combine first amount of sugar, flour, ginger and cinnamon. Add pears and toss.
step 3: Place mixture in uncooked bottom shell, sprinkle with lemon juice and top with unbaked pastry. Cut slits in top and sprinkle with second amount of sugar.
step 4: Bake on bottom shelf of oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until pears are cooked and crust is browned. Let cool and serve.