Pecan Cookie Balls Recipe
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
step 2: Place butter in large mixer bowl and cream until soft. Add 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and salt. Cream until thoroughly mixed. Stir in flour and pecans.
step 3: Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 15 minutes.
step 4: Remove from cookie sheets and immediately roll hot cookies in remaining 2 cups sugar. Place sugared cookies on wire racks and set aside to cool. When cool, roll again in sugar.