Pecan Rice Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
step 1: In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
step 2: When rice is done, melt margarine in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, pecans, parsley, basil, ginger, pepper and salt. When onions are tender stir mixture into rice and mix well.