Penne Russo a la Vodka Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ pound prosciutto, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 2: Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Saute garlic, prosciutto and red pepper flakes for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in vodka and cream. Simmer 15 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan and chopped basil. Toss with pasta until evenly coated.