Penne with Mango Chile Sauce Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 red onions, cut into strips
- 1 small fresh red chile pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) can pitted black olives
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta, and cook for 9 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 2: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and stir in mango, red onions, and chile pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are tender. Mix in tomatoes and wine. Stir in the bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon stick. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
step 3: Remove bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon stick from the mango mixture. Season with salt. Mix in honey and red wine vinegar. Serve over cooked pasta with cilantro and olives.