Pepper Pot Soup II Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, cubed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package succotash
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Add cubed steak, red wine, and water to a large soup pot. Simmer, covered, over medium low heat for 1 hour.
step 2: Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. The pasta should be only partially cooked. Drain.
step 3: Add pasta, tomatoes, onion, and sugar to meat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
step 4: Stir beans, succotash, and green pepper into soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat until soup is hot and vegetables are tender.