Pepper Steak with Squash Recipe
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
step 1: In a large skillet, cook steak in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
step 2: In the same skillet, heat remaining oil; saute peppers for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini, onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add peas, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Saute until the vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
step 3: Return beef to the skillet. Combine cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.