Peppermint Meltaways Recipe
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened*
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened*
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 drops red food color
- Hard peppermint candy or candy canes, crushed
step 1: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup butter and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and cornstarch. Beat until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate until firm (30 to 60 minutes).
step 2: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
step 3: Combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and milk in small bowl. Stir in one additional tablespoon of milk if desired to reach proper glazing consistency. Stir in food color. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.