Peppermint Patty Surprise Recipe
- 2 cups mint chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 27 mini peppermint patties, quartered
- ⅔ cup confectioners' sugar for rolling
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). In a microwave oven, melt 1 cup mint chocolate chips, stirring frequently until smooth; set aside to cool.
step 2: In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate, eggs, and vanilla. Blend in flour, baking powder, and salt. Then mix in the remaining mint chocolate chips.
step 3: Wrap about 1 tablespoon of dough around each peppermint patty quarter. Roll balls in confectioners' sugar, and place 1 1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
step 4: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar again.