Pepperoni Penne Recipe
- 3/4 pound sliced pepperoni sausage
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 medium tomato - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Cook the penne according to the package directions.
step 2: In a large skillet saute the pepperoni until crispy (about 5 to 8 minutes). Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the grease. Add the shallot and garlic. Cook until translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for about 3 minutes.
step 3: Stir in the cream and cook until reduced (about 8 minutes). Add the parsley and remove from the heat.
step 4: Add the drained pasta and toss, garnish with parmesan cheese.