Peppy Ham Tortillas Recipe
- 12 slices fully cooked ham
- 1 (16 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped jalapenos or chilies, drained
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Place a ham slice, cheese strip and 2 teaspoons jalapenos down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; set aside.
step 2: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and mustard until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
step 3: Spoon sauce evenly over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until heated through.