Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
step 1: Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place the basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on low for 1 minute or until very finely chopped.
step 2: While processing, gradually add the oil in a steady stream. Drain pasta; top with the pesto and toss to coat.