Pesto Tofu Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound tri-colored spiral pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (1.2 ounce) package creamy pesto sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig fresh basil
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in spiral pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 2: In a medium bowl, blend 1/4 cup olive oil, milk, and pesto sauce mix.
step 3: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place tofu in the skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Remove from heat, and drain on paper towels.
step 4: Place mushrooms into the skillet, and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the olives, capers, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Mix in the tofu and pesto sauce. Continue cooking about 5 minutes before serving over the rotini. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and basil.