Pheasant Phungi Perfection Recipe
- 1 (.5 ounce) package dried forest mushroom blend
- 1 (.5 ounce) package dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pheasant - deboned, skinned and cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 portobello mushroom cap, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- salt to taste
step 1: In a small bowl, reconstitute dried mushrooms in water according to package instructions. Drain, and reserve the water. Chop reconstituted mushrooms into small pieces.
step 2: Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute pheasant meat with garlic and basil until lightly browned. Remove meat from pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Add butter to oil in skillet. Saute shallots, reconstituted mushrooms and portobello mushroom until golden brown. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, and all but 1/4 cup of the mushroom soaking water. Dissolve arrowroot powder in water, and stir into mushroom mixture. Return pheasant meat to skillet, and simmer 30 minutes.