- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups canned diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
step 1: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and chorizo sausage. Cook and stir until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
step 2: Drain off some of the grease, and stir in the onions and bell pepper. Cook until soft, then add the garlic. Season with cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne and cinnamon. Cook and stir for about one minute to release the fragrance. Pour the tomatoes and beef stock into the pan, along with the sugar. Set the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
step 3: Stir the raisins, olives, capers and vinegar into the pan, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the almonds and lime juice, and cook until they are heated, then serve.