Pico De Gallo Guacamole Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (6.8 ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups prepared medium salsa
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 large avocados, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
step 1: In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, garlic and cumin powder in 2 tablespoons olive oil, over medium-high heat, 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Remove from saucepan. Set aside.
step 2: In same saucepan, saute rice-vermicelli mix with remaining 2 tablespoons oil until vermicelli is golden brown. Add chicken mixture, broth, salsa, corn, tomatoes and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
step 3: Toss avocado cubes with lime juice and cilantro. Add to chowder. Serve with tortilla chips, sliced green onion and grated lime peel.