Piereth Pie I Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup grated semisweet chocolate, for garnish
step 1: In a medium bowl, cream together butter or margarine and sugar. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth. Stir in melted chocolate, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in almonds. Pour mixture into pastry shell and chill in refrigerator.
step 2: Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Pour pudding over chocolate layer, then spread whipped topping over pudding. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Chill several hours before serving.