Pierogies and Cabbage Recipe
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen potato and cheese filled pierogies, thawed
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving drippings, and set aside.
step 2: Heat bacon drippings over medium heat and stir in cabbage and onion; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
step 3: Stir in tomatoes, vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and bacon; cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
step 4: Meanwhile, prepare pierogies according to package directions; drain. Combine pierogies with cabbage mixture and serve.