Pig Picking Cake II Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- ½ cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 - 9 inch round baking pans.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine, eggs and mandarin oranges with juice. beat for 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
step 3: Pour into 3 - 9 inch round cake pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
step 4: To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine pineapple and juice with pudding mix. Stir in pecans and coconut. Finally, fold in the whipped topping. Spread between cooled cake layers. Chill in refrigerator