Pina Colada Cookies II Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 ½ teaspoons rum flavored extract
- 1 ½ cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 3 drops pina colada candy oil
step 1: Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the eggs, pina colada oil, and rum extract, mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Using a large wooden spoon, stir in the drained pineapple, coconut, white chocolate chips, and nuts. Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, until firm.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
step 3: Roll dough into golf ball sized balls, place 2 1/2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.