Pina Colada Pie Recipe
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Spread coconut evenly onto a baking sheet and toast in preheated oven 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
step 3: In a medium bowl, mix together vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter or margarine. Press firmly into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
step 4: In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and coconut cream until fluffy. Mix in rum extract. Fold in whipped topping, pineapple, cherries, and nuts. Spread mixture into crust. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Chill several hours before serving.