Pineapple Butterscotch Squares Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Powdered sugar, garnish (optional)
step 1: Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside.
step 2: Beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in pineapple. Stir in flour mixture, butterscotch chips and nuts until blended.
step 3: Pour into 13 x 9-inch baking pan sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
step 4: Bake at 350 degrees F., 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Dust cooled cake with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into squares.