Pineapple Coconut Chess Pie Recipe
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
step 2: In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornmeal, flour and salt. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Stir in butter, coconut and pineapple. Pour filling into pie shell.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Cover with aluminum foil after 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.