Pineapple Mango Pie Recipe
- 4 ½ cups mangos, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 5 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
step 2: Mix the mangos, drained crushed pineapple, white sugar, brown sugar, apple juice, and tapioca. Let stand in a bowl for 20 minutes.
step 3: Pour filling into the unbaked pie shell, and dot with butter or margarine. Cover with top crust, and seal edges. Cut slits in top of outer crust.
step 4: Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until bubbles burst slowly and crust is a nice golden brown color. Let pie cool, and serve at room temperature.