Pittsburgh Chipped Ham Barbecues Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 pound chipped ham
- 6 hamburger buns
step 1: In a large saucepan, combine the ketchup, water, brown sugar, cider vinegar, sweet pickle relish and Worcestershire sauce. Season with cinnamon, black pepper, garlic salt and liquid smoke. Bring to a simmer over low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
step 2: Shred the ham and stir into the mixture. Simmer longer if desired, then serve hot on hamburger buns. The mixture can also be frozen.