Pizza Burgers II Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) container fully cooked luncheon meat (e.g. Spam), cubed
- 12 ounces processed cheese food, cubed
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 hamburger buns, split
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until evenly browned, stirring to crumble. Drain fat, and set aside.
step 3: Process the luncheon meat, cheese and onion in a food processor or run through a grinder until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the browned beef, tomato soup, tomato paste, garlic salt, and oregano until well blended. Spread a couple of spoonfuls of the meat mixture onto each bun half, and place them on a baking sheet.
step 4: Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the meat is hot and the bun is crisp.