Pizza Sauce and Dough Recipe
- PIZZA DOUGH:
- 1/4 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cups flat beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- PIZZA SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can roma tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
step 1: In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
step 2: In a food processor, combine flour, Italian seasoning and salt. Pulse until mixed. Add yeast mixture, flat beer and oil. Pulse until a ball is formed. Scrape dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for several minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Allow dough to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Place dough balls in separate bowls, and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise at room temperature for about 1 hour, then store in the refrigerate overnight.
step 3: To make the sauce: Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until tender. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Crush tomatoes into saucepan. Add tomato paste, basil, parsley and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.