Pizza Soup II Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 15 ounces pizza sauce
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage, each slice cut in half
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped, cooked Italian sausage
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
step 2: Mix in water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, tomatoes, sausage and Italian seasoning. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
step 3: Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with mozzarella cheese.