Plantation Ham Pie Recipe
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
step 1: In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in butter until the onion is tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into ham mixture. Add broccoli; heat through. Pour into an ungreased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
step 2: Combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Roll out into a 12-in. square; sprinkle with parsley. Roll up jellyroll style. Cut into 12 pieces; place over the ham mixture.
step 3: Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden and the ham mixture is bubbly.