Plum Clafouti Recipe
- 6 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 14 Italian prune plums, halved and pitted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 10 inch pie plate, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the bottom.
step 2: Arrange the plum halves, cut side down, so that they cover the entire bottom of the pie plate. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top of the plums. In a blender, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, eggs, milk, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Process until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour over the fruit in the pan.
step 3: Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.