Poached Salmon with Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 3 slices lemon
- 3 slices onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 5 tablespoons honey mustard (below)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
step 1: Heat water, lemon slices, onion slices, parsley sprigs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper to boiling in 10- or 12-inch skillet. Boil 3 minutes; reduce heat to medium-low.
step 2: Add salmon, skin side down. Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Remove salmon from liquid in skillet. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours. Discard liquid in skillet.
step 3: Make Honey-Mustard Sauce. Mix chopped parsley, red onion, capers and lemon peel until well blended; set aside.
step 4: To serve, carefully remove skin from salmon; place salmon on serving plate. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle sauce over top; sprinkle with parsley mixture. Serve with bread slices.