Polenta and Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) tube polenta, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 6 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup black olives
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 2: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, green pepper, eggplant, and mushrooms in oil until soft. Mix in fajita seasoning.
step 3: Line prepared baking dish with slices of polenta. Spread beans and corn evenly over the polenta, and then spread onion mixture over the beans. Top with salsa, mozzarella cheese and black olives.
step 4: Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.