Polenta with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 4 cups (1-inch) pieces zucchini (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) tubes polenta, each cut crosswise into 12 slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- basil sprigs (optional)
step 1: Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
step 2: Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; arrange in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 475 degrees for 25 minutes or until tender, stirring after 15 minutes. Stir in basil, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Preheat broiler. Place polenta slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Broil 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Spoon roasted vegetables over polenta; sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with basil, if desired.