Polvorones de Canele (Cinnamon Cookies) Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
step 2: In a medium bowl, cream together 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture to form a stiff dough. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Mix together 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; roll balls in cinnamon mixture.
step 3: Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until nicely browned. Cool cookies on wire racks.