Poor Man's Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 3/8 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
step 1: In a medium saucepan, bring water and brown rice to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat.
step 3: Stir the mushroom soup, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and pepper into the skillet with the beef. Simmer on medium low heat for 10 minutes. Serve over the rice.