Pork Chops Capri Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lean boneless pork chops
- 1 ½ teaspoons rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (11.5 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
step 1: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork chops on both sides. Season with rosemary and garlic powder. In a bowl, mix the water, vinegar, sugar, and bay leaf. Pour over the pork chops. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
step 2: Pour the tomato juice into the skillet, and mix in the hot pepper sauce. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Cover, and continue cooking pork 35 minutes, to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
step 3: Remove the bay leaf from the skillet. Stir the green beans and mushrooms into the tomato juice mixture, and cook until heated through. Top pork chops with green beans and mushrooms, and cover with the tomato juice mixture to serve.