Pork Chops Stuffed with Smoked Gouda and Bacon Recipe
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (2 1/4 inch thick) center-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
step 1: Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
step 2: In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
step 3: Lay the chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact. Stuff cheese mixture into pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick. Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
step 4: Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Careful not to overcook!