Pork Chops with Apples, Sweet Potatoes, and Sauerkraut Recipe
- 4 (1 inch thick) boneless pork chops
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
step 1: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Quickly brown the pork chops on each side. Set aside.
step 2: Arrange sweet potato slices in the bottom of a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker. Cover with the onion slices, then the apple slices. Sprinkle brown sugar, nutmeg and salt over the apples, and grind a little pepper. Place the pork chops on top of the pile, and cover with sauerkraut. Cover, and cook on Low for about 5 hours. It can go an extra hour without drying out though.
step 3: Serve pork and vegetables with juice from the slow cooker spooned over them.