Pork Stroganoff Recipe
- 4 (1 1/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chops until well browned on both sides. Remove chops and set aside.
step 2: Add onion and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Return chops to skillet. Add water, mustard and salt. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
step 3: Remove chops to a warm platter. Into skillet add sour cream and heat through (do not boil). Pour sauce over pork chops. Garnish with parsley and serve.