Pork and Green Chile Casserole Recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ½ cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
- 3 tablespoons chunky salsa
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
step 1: Heat oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium-high heat. Add pork, and saute until browned. Drain off grease. Add the rice, cream of chicken soup, black beans, tomatoes, green chiles, salsa and water. Season with cumin. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
step 2: Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). When the pork mixture is cooked, transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
step 3: Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve with tortillas.