Pork and Sauerkraut Stew Recipe
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cubed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 22 ounces sauerkraut with juice
step 1: In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the pork cubes and brown. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook until onion is soft.
step 2: Stir in potatoes, sauerkraut, caraway seeds, browning sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and simmer over low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.