Pork and Sea Shells with Summer Vegetables Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package seashell pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops, cut into bite sized pieces
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 ⅓ tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- grated Parmesan cheese for topping
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add seashell pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
step 2: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the pork in the skillet, and season with Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir 10 minutes, or until almost done. Remove from heat, and set aside.
step 3: Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the green pepper, squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, and garlic 3 to 4 minutes. Return the pork to the skillet.
step 4: Mix in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and wine into the skillet. Season with basil, thyme, oregano, bay leaves, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 35 minutes. Remove the bay leaves, and serve over the cooked pasta with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.