Potato Casserole I Recipe
- 2 (2 pound) packages frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 pound butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits (optional)
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a six quart casserole dish, mix together the hashbrowns, onion, chicken soup, mushroom soup, chives, butter, sour cream and cheese. Bake covered for 45 minutes.
step 3: Remove from oven, sprinkle with bacon and potato chips. Bake uncovered for 15 to 25 minutes.