Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
step 1: In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, vegetable broth and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender. Do not rinse: mash mixture slightly. Stir in milk.
step 2: In a small mixing bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley, and pepper; stir into potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
step 3: Remove from heat: add cheese and stir until cheese is almost melted. Let soup stand for 5 minutes.